Knoxville from Mabry’s house, Looking towards the South West, March, 1864
- Creator: George N. Barnard (1819-1902)
- Title: Knoxville from Mabry’s house, Looking towards the South West, March, 1864
- Date: 1864
- Description: Panoramic view of a river and distant road with a barn and farmhouse in the center of the image and single figure at the far right.
- Historical Note: The prominent hilltop home of Knoxville railroad man and industrialist Joseph Alexander Mabry (1826-1882) was an ideal site from which photographer George Barnard could record the area's terrain. He photographed this view on March 21, 1864.
- Institution: Library of Congress
- Publisher: Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Rights: Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Library of Congress.
- URL: http://cdm15838.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/shades