Sylvester Nelson Winchester’s Wooden Fife with Silver Metal Tips
- Title: Sylvester Nelson Winchester’s Wooden Fife with Silver Metal Tips
- Historical Note: Sylvester Nelson Winchester entered army service as a musician on October 4, 1861 at the age of 52. He participated in battles with the 41st Ohio Infantry and was killed in action at the Battle of Stones River on December 31, 1862. He is buried in the Hazen Brigade Monument Cemetery. His fife was donated to the Stones River National Battlefield in 1998 and is currently on display in the interpretive center.
- Institution: Collection of Stones River National Battlefield, Donated by Austin H. Foster and Paul E. Foster
- Publisher: Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Rights: Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact Stones River National Battlefield.
- URL: http://cdm15838.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/shades