Cover page for W. W. Fergusson’s “War Memories, ” Engineer Corps, P.A.C.S.
- Creator: W. W. Fergusson (1831-1922)
- Title: Cover page for W. W. Fergusson’s "War Memories, " Engineer Corps, P.A.C.S.
- Date: 1862-1865
- Description: Cover page of "War Memories" by W. W. Fergusson featuring calligraphied, stylized text for the title and hand-drawn, hand-colored Confederate and Federal flags. Description provided by the Tennessee State Library & Archives.
- Historical Note: William Wallace Fergusson joined the Second Tennessee Regiment called the Sumner Greys in 1861 and mustered into Confederate service as an engineer. Civil War engineers built roads and bridges, planned defenses, and prepared maps. Fregusson served at Shiloh and Chattanooga before returning to Smith County in May 1865. He married Medora Kerby the following year and opened Blackgnat Academy at Riddleton, which stayed in operation until the 1890s.
- Institution: Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Publisher: Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Rights: Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Tennessee State Library & Archives.
- URL: http://cdm15838.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/shades