The Capture of Fort Henry, Tennessee
- Creator: Alexander Simplot (1837-1914)
- Title: The Capture of Fort Henry, Tennessee
- Date: 1862
- Description: This is page 133 from the March 1, 1862 issue of Harper's Weekly. The image below shows the naval battle at Fort Henry. Above is a roundel with an image of the fort's plan. On left is an illustration of the "secession ordnance stores" and on the right, a corner of the fortification with a cannon. Simplot's sketch of parts of this same scene can be found in the collection of Vanderbilt University Libraries.
- Historical Note: Alexander Simplot was a "special artist" who traveled with Union forces from 1861-1863. He drew and painted several images of naval battles, including another one at Memphis in June of 1862, which was also published in Harper's Weekly.
- Contributing Institution: HarpWeek
- Rights: Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact HarpWeek.
- Digital Publisher: Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- URL: http://cdm15838.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/shades