Sketch Map of Chattanooga
- Creator: Theodore R. Davis (1840-1894)
- Title: Sketch Map of Chattanooga
- Date: 1863
- Description: Map of Chattanooga and the surrounding area with locations and dates, as well as notations about troop positions and movements, of the battles that took place at Chickamauga and Lookout Mountain in 1863.
- Historical Note: Theodore Davis was a "Special Artist" for news magazines such as Harper's Weekly and Leslie's Illustrated Weekly, illustrating news reports from the front. He was in the Chattanooga area in 1863 and 1864. While he may have done this soon after these battles took place, Davis also made drawings for various publications in the decades after the Civil War.
- Contributing Institution: Chattanooga History Center
- Rights: Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Chattanooga History Center.
- Digital Publisher: Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- URL: http://cdm15838.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/shades