Self Portrait in Confederate Uniform
- Creator: Frederick G. Gutherz
- Title: Self Portrait in Confederate Uniform
- Date: ca. 1864
- Description: Profile portrait of the head and shoulders of a young man wearing Confederate uniform drawn in a round framing device.
- Historical Note: During the Civil War, Fred Gutherz served in the First Tennessee Volunteer Regiment, C.S.A as an army engineer. He later served with the Confederate forces fighting Sherman in North Georgia in 1864 and left a number of camp drawings from his time of service. This sketch is in the museum collection at the Alabama Department of Archives and History.
- Institution: Alabama Dept Archives & History
- Publisher: Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Rights: Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Alabama Dept Archives & History
- URL: http://cdm15838.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/shades