McKissack House, Spring Hill, Tennessee
- Title: McKissack House, Spring Hill, Tennessee
- Date: ca. 1850
- Description: This house, once owned by relatives of William McKissack, is in private hands today. It was constructed of brick from McKissack's brickyard in Spring Hill.
- Historical Note: The William McKissack family, originally from North Carolina, moved to Spring Hill in 1834. They brought with them slaves who learned to make bricks. McKissack's brick yard supplied materials for this and other substantial houses in the area. Descendants of Moses McKissack formed one of Tennessee's first architectural and engineering firms.
- Institution: Maury County Archives
- Publisher: Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Rights: Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Maury County Archives.
- URL: http://cdm15838.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/shades