Hazen, Major General W.B., Half-length Portrait, Facing Left
- Title: Hazen, Major General W.B., Half-length Portrait, Facing Left
- Date: ca. 1862
- Description: This half-length seated photograph of a Union officer shows a young middle-age man with mustache and goatee looking to his right.
- Historical Note: William Babcock Hazen (1830-1887), a graduate of West Point, was one of the heroes of the Battle of Stones River, Murfreesboro, Tennessee. A monument to his brigade, which had also suffered casualties at Shiloh, was erected on the battlefield a few months later--setting a precedent for other Civil War monuments to come.
- Institution: Library of Congress
- Publisher: Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Rights: Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Library of Congress.
- URL: http://cdm15838.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/shades