Col. Abel D. Streight, 51st Ind. Inf. USA
- Title: Col. Abel D. Streight, 51st Ind. Inf. USA
- Date: [between 1860 and 1870]
- Description: A uniformed figure sits in an upholstered chair.
- Historical Note: Abel D. Streight (1828-1892) was a Union Army general in the Civil War. Streight was forced to surrender to Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest on May 3, 1863 in Northern Alabama during a raid authorized by General Rosecrans. The raid originated in Nashville in April 1863 and nearly reached its objective in Georgia.
- Institution: Library of Congress
- Publisher: Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Rights: Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Library of Congress.
- URL: http://cdm15838.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/shades