[Children at Lookout Mountain]
- Creator: Royan M. Linn (d. 1872)
- Title: [Children at Lookout Mountain]
- Date: 1860-1870
- Description: This photograph shows five children: four white boys varying in age from about 5 to 12 years old, and one African American boy, probably age 10 to 12, seated on a rock formation high above a wooded landscape.
- Historical Note: This group of children are posed upon the "Gallery Point" lookout near the studio of Charles and Royan Linn, Chattanooga photographers whose Civil War and post-Civil War tourist portraits often depicted their subjects next to dramatic vistas of Lookout Mountain and the Tennessee River valley below.
- Contributing Institution: Library of Congress, Gladstone Collection of African American Photographs
- Rights: Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Library of Congress.
- Digital Publisher: Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- URL: http://cdm15838.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/shades