[Johnsonville, Tenn. Camp of Tennessee Colored Battery]
- Title:[Johnsonville, Tenn. Camp of Tennessee Colored Battery]
- Description:This black and white photograph shows men in rain gear working with heavy cannons in muddy landscape near railroad tracks beside a large river.
- Historical Note:Johnsonville, on the Tennessee River, was an important strategic point for the Union army. Union troops, including members of the United States Colored Troops, completed the railroad from Nashville to the Tennessee River after Middle and West Tennessee were occupied.
- Contributing Institution:Library of Congress
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Library of Congress.
- Digital Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Full Record:http://content.mtsu.edu/u?/shades,271