The Flag of the South
- Creator:Becker, Dr. O.; Hearn, Mrs. Anna K.; Elliott, C. D.
- Title:The Flag of the South
- Description:This sheet music of "The Flag of the South" shows a Confederate flag with blue square and stars along with red and white stripes.
- Historical Note:This sheet music depicts on its cover the first national flag of the Confederacy, identified by 11 stars representing the seceding states of South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Virginia, Arkansas, Tennessee and North Carolina. Flown from March 5, 1861, to May 26, 1863, this flag was eventually replaced by a flag with 13 stars, to include Kentcky and Missouri, which the Confederacy hoped would join in secession.
- Institution:Center for Popular Music, Middle Tennessee State University
- Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Center for Popular Music, Middle Tennessee State University.