Tennessee Centennial Exposition, Nashville, Tennessee, 1897 / The Henderson Litho. Co., Cincinnati
- Title:Tennessee Centennial Exposition, Nashville, Tennessee, 1897 / The Henderson Litho. Co., Cincinnati
- Description:Bird's-eye view of the Exposition's grounds.
- Historical Note:The 1897 Centennial Exposition was designed to honor the 100th anniversary of Tennessee's statehood, however, it was also an opportunity to honor Confederate and Union veterans of the Civil War. Highlights of the Exposition included a cyclorama of the Battle of Gettysburg and the display of memorabilia from the war. The United Confederate Veterans’ Days ran for three days in late June. From June 22 to 24, over 74,000 individuals—including many Confederate veterans—visited the fair’s booths, exhibits, and other sights. The Cyclorama of the Battle of Gettysburg appealed to Union and Confederate veterans alike.
- Contributing Institution:Library of Congress
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Library of Congress.
- Digital Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Full Record:http://content.mtsu.edu/u?/shades,3