Roane Iron Company
- Title:Roane Iron Company
- Date:ca. 1890
- Description:This photograph shows what appears to be a water reservoir in foreground with smokestacks and several buildings including a factory or mill-type structure against a backdrop of river and mountains.
- Historical Note:The Roane Iron Company, later headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, was co-founded after the Civil War by John Wilder, a Union officer, who, according to the history of Roane County, Tennessee, discovered an abundance of iron on Walden Ridge and later returned to Rockwood to form the Roane Iron Company.
- Institution:Chattanooga History Center
- Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Chattanooga History Center.