Miss Martha Brownlow, Or the Heroine of Tennessee
- Creator:Major W. D. Reynolds
- Title:Miss Martha Brownlow, Or the Heroine of Tennessee
- Description:Booklet; the cover image is an illustration of Susan Brownlow, daughter of William Gannaway "Parson" Brownlow.
- Historical Note:This novel, written by Major W.D. Reynolds, tells the story of Susan's reputed saving of the U.S. flag which was flying over the home of her father William Gannaway "Parson" Brownlow while Knoxville was controlled by the Confederates. Reynolds uses a pseudonym for Susan--Martha--possibly to protect her identity. Susan and her father travelled during the war selling their novels (he had his own) and making speeches about the defiant Unionists living in East Tennessee.
- Institution:McClung Historical Collection, Knox County Public Library
- Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University