Map of Roane Iron Company’s Amended Addition to the City of Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Title:Map of Roane Iron Company’s Amended Addition to the City of Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Description:Plat map filed on October 19, 1886, with officials of the City of Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee, showing administrative and housing buildings, as well as the company railroad line.
- Historical Note:Former Union general John T. Wilder, whose Chattanooga residence, along with that of prominent iron man H.S. Chamberlain, is shown on this map, was one of the founders of the Roane Iron Company. He also oversaw the company's expansion into Chattanooga where it added to the city's growing prosperity.
- Contributing Institution:Chattanooga History Center
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Chattanooga History Center.
- Digital Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University