Jubilee Singers at the Court of Queen Victoria
- Creator:Edmund Havel (1835-1908)
- Title:Jubilee Singers at the Court of Queen Victoria
- Description:Group of well dressed young people, some seated, some standing, in a vine-covered portico with a landscape view through arched openings.
- Historical Note:This painting depicts the a capella singers from Fisk University who traveled raising funds for the Nashville school. This portrait commemorates their performance before Queen Victoria. Painted in 1873 by Edmund Havel, Queen Victoria's court painter, it depicts, left to right (men): Benjamin Holmes, Isaac Dickerson, Thomas Rutling, Edmund Watkins; Left to right (women): Mabel Lewis, Minnie Tate, Ella Sheppard, Jennie Jackson, Julia Jackson, Maggie Porter, Georgia Gordon. George L. White was the director of this group.
- Institution:Fisk University Library
- Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Rights:Images in these collections are either protected by copyright or are the property of Special Collections of Fisk University Franklin Library. To order a reproduction or to inquire about permission to publish, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.