John Bell Brownlow
- Title:John Bell Brownlow
- Date:ca. 1862
- Description:This bust-length photograph depicts a man in Union officer's uniform, looking to his right.
- Historical Note:John Bell Brownlow (1839-1922) was the son of outspoken Unionist newspaper editor William Gannaway "Parson" Brownlow. He and his younger brother James Patton Brownlow (1842-1879) both served in the Union army. Their sister, Susan, who chafed under Confederate control of Knoxville early in the war, traveled North with her father to promote the Union cause.
- Contributing Institution:Tennessee State Museum
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Tennessee State Museum.
- Digital Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Full Record:http://content.mtsu.edu/u?/shades,265