Fort Negley, Nashville, Tenn.
- Title:Fort Negley, Nashville, Tenn.
- Description:Aerial view of a fortification with rectangular wooden stockade inside earthworks with pointed ramparts.
- Historical Note:Fort Negley was built in 1862 by the Union Army under General John S. Negley of Pennsylvania. Many African Americans, including former slaves from Tennessee, were employed in the erection of the fort, which was sited on a prominent hilltop southwest of the city of Nashville.
- Contributing Institution:Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Tennessee State Library & Archives.
- Digital Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Full Record:http://content.mtsu.edu/u?/shades,263