Don Carlos Buell (1818-1898)
- Title:Don Carlos Buell (1818-1898)
- Date:ca. 1862
- Description:Full-length portrait of Buell in uniform.
- Historical Note:General Don Carlos Buell was commander of the federal troops who entered and took Nashville on February 25, 1862, after the Confederate surrender at Fort Donelson left the upriver city vulnerable. It is reported that Buell and his staff officers paid a formal visit to Sarah Polk at Polk Place after taking the city.
- Contributing Institution:Library of Congress
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Library of Congress.
- Digital Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Full Record:http://content.mtsu.edu/u?/shades,270