Dog Effigy Pot
- Title:Dog Effigy Pot
- Description:This clay image of a dog is also a spouted vessel.
- Historical Note:This effigy pot may be the same one used for the embossed image on the cover of The Antiquities of Tennessee, 1890, by General Gates P. Thruston, which was the first published book on Native American excavations in Middle Tennessee. Thruston donated his extensive collection of artifacts excavated in the Middle Tennessee area to Vanderbilt University. The collection is now on extended loan to the Tennessee State Museum.
- Contributing Institution:Tennessee State Museum
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Tennessee State Museum.
- Digital Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Full Record:http://content.mtsu.edu/u?/shades,98