[Children at Lookout Mountain]
- Creator:Royan M. Linn (d. 1872)
- Title:[Children at Lookout Mountain]
- Description:This photograph shows five children: four white boys varying in age from about 5 to 12 years old, and one African American boy, probably age 10 to 12, seated on a rock formation high above a wooded landscape.
- Historical Note:This group of children are posed upon the "Gallery Point" lookout near the studio of Charles and Royan Linn, Chattanooga photographers whose Civil War and post-Civil War tourist portraits often depicted their subjects next to dramatic vistas of Lookout Mountain and the Tennessee River valley below.
- Contributing Institution:Library of Congress, Gladstone Collection of African American Photographs
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Library of Congress.
- Digital Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Full Record:http://content.mtsu.edu/u?/shades,287