Anonymous Portrait of Bishop Charles Todd Quintard
- Title:Anonymous Portrait of Bishop Charles Todd Quintard
- Date:ca. 1885
- Description:This photographic image of the head and shoulders of an elderly gentleman in clerical garb is inscribed with cryptic lettering and the name C.T. Quintard.
- Historical Note:After the death of Bishop James H. Otey in 1863, Doctor Charles T. Quintard (1824-1898) became the second Episcopal Bishop of Tennessee. During the Civil War, he served as a chaplain with an elite group of Confederate soldiers, the Rock City Guards, which was organized from Nashville and the surrounding area. Afterwards, he was appointed Vice-Chancellor of the University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee.
- Institution:Tennessee State Museum
- Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Tennessee State Museum.