At Work in Camp Near Kennesaw Mountain, June 24, 1864
- Creator:Frederick G. Gutherz
- Title:At Work in Camp Near Kennesaw Mountain, June 24, 1864
- Description:Drawing consists of a vignette of a seated man drawing next to a wagon, and two corner sections showing a tent on right and a log fortification on left. A large case on the ground bears the letters "F.G. Gutherz"
- Historical Note:During the Civil War, Fred Gutherz served in the First Tennessee Volunteer Regiment, C.S.A as an army engineer. He was with Confederate forces fighting Sherman in North Georgia in 1864. As indicated by the inscription across the bottom, the man at work next to the tent is probably Gutherz himself.
- Institution:Alabama Dept Archives and History
- Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Alabama Dept Archives & History.