- Title:Books, miniature
- Date:ca. 1863
- Description:Two small carved marble volumes standing on end
- Historical Note:These two small books, carved from the cornerstone of the University of the South, which was destroyed by Union soldiers on July 13, 1863, were later returned to the University. The marble for the cornerstone was ordered from James Sloan of Nashville, who also supplied the East Tennessee marble for the interior of the Tennessee State Capitol.
- Institution:University of the South, Sewanee, Special Collections, Jessie Ball duPont Library
- Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact Special Collections, Jessie Ball duPont Library, University of the South, Sewanee