Panorama of the Seat of War. Bird’s Eye View of Kentucky and Tennessee Showing Cairo and Part of the Southern States
- Creator:Bachmann, John, cartographer and engraver
- Title:Panorama of the Seat of War. Bird’s Eye View of Kentucky and Tennessee Showing Cairo and Part of the Southern States
- Description:Color birds eye view of landscape cut through with rivers. Includes tables showing distance from Cairo to several locations. Also shows forts and cities.
- Historical Note:This map, published in New York the year of the commencement of the Civil War, shows the complicated network of waterways and wilderness that confronted Union soldiers coming into the western theater.
- Contributing Institution:Vanderbilt University Libraries
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the Vanderbilt Special Collections and University Archives.
- Digital Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Full Record:http://content.mtsu.edu/u?/shades,257