- Title:Antoinette Polk
- Description:Oval portrait of Antoinette Polk standing beside a stool and desk.
- Historical Note:Antoinette Polk, Baronne de Charette, is portrayed in the days after she was awarded Abel Streight's brigade banner by Nathan Bedford Forrest. Polk earned the recognition for her bravery in alerting the Confederate wounded recovering at Ashwood that John T. Wilder's Union unit was approaching the area.
- Contributing Institution:University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Rights:Images reproduced on this website are intended for individual, educational use only. For research inquiries about specific objects or requests for high resolution images, contact the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Digital Publisher:Digital Initiatives, James E. Walker Library, Middle Tennessee State University
- Full Record:http://content.mtsu.edu/u?/shades,5